Purchase Art Prints
From the Griffith Archives
Image rights and charges
Tel +44 (0)1865 278097
1. Photographic charges for digital imagesPlease note that
- The original Harry Burton negatives taken in the tomb of Tutankhamun are all black and white.
- We have a small number of colour images of Tutankhamun objects taken in the Cairo Museum by the photographer John Ross which are available to order.
- Our standard digital images are 600dpi tiff format files.
- Files will be emailed, uploaded to Oxford University's ftp server, or posted on CD/DVD.
- Postage and packing charges apply when images are posted on CD/DVD.
At the discretion of the Griffith Institute, a discount of 20% on reproduction charges can be given if more than 15 images are ordered. A special rate may be used for items which are difficult to digitise.
- There is a minimum charge of £25.00 per order
- An existing scan: £10.00 + VAT
- Images scanned to order: £25.00 + VAT
Images for academic/study purposes
A special rate may be used for items which are not standard flat copies.
- There is a minimum charge of £20.00 per order
- An existing scan: £1.00 + VAT
- Images scanned to order: £3.00 + VAT per scan
- In exceptional circumstances the charge may be waived
2. Reproduction fees (per image)
- Non-exclusive, one-time, single-medium, world-rights: £100.00 + VAT
- Non-exclusive, one-time, multimedia, world-rights: £200.00 + VAT
- If used as a book cover image or similar: non-exclusive, one-time, world-rights: £250.00 + VAT
The fee may be waived for reproduction in non-commercial Egyptological publications. Please apply to the Griffith Institute.
School or university textbooks - please email the Griffith Institute for a quote providing details of images required or text to be cited, purpose, publisher and print-run.
3. Postage and packing£2 + VAT per order
4. Research feeResearch carried out by staff £50.00 + VAT per hour
(May 12, 2014)