Egyptian Mirage
19th-century "studio" photographs of Egypt
Based on the collection in the Archive of the Griffith Institute, Oxford
First Previous Next Last
Detail Page 1244 of 1245
Site: Kom Ombo Good, F. M., Kom Ombo (c.1860 [Estimated date.]) (Enlarged image size=66Kb)
Description: The Temple of Haroeris and the triads of Sobek. General view before excavation.
Photographer: Good, F. M.
Date: c.1860 [Estimated date.]
Signature & Caption: F. M. Good [caption printed on front of mount: 'W. A. MANSELL AND CO., 2, PERCY STREET, LONDON.' Caption in ink on front of mount: 'Ruins of a temple at Kom Ombo' [etc.] Printed caption pasted onto back of mount: '1080 EGYPT. KOM OMBO.' [etc.]
20.9 by 16.1 cm
Griffith Institute Archive reference: private possession in England A, No. 2
Scan: ppa-2.jpg
First Previous Next Last
© Copyright Griffith Institute, 2001.
None of this material may be reproduced in any form without permission from the Griffith Institute, Oxford, OX1 2LG
Fax: +44 (0)1865-278100. e-mail:

Egyptian Mirage
Concept & Direction: Jaromir Malek
Catalogue: Jaromir Malek and Elizabeth Miles
Scanning & editing: Kent Rawlinson
Web page & Database design: Jonathan Moffett